Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Georgia {Part Two}

Today I am sharing the rest of my trip to Georgia!

 
Today I'm talking all about our day in Savannah! For those of you that don't know Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia dating back to 1733. When we got to Savannah it was extremely hot. So hot that we decided to take a trolley tour so we could still see the city but not get wayyy to hot. Good thing we did because shortly after we got on the trolley it started raining!
 
 
The dome on top of this building in Savannah is a replica of the dome on top of Atlanta's capital building.
 
 
This was at the city market. There are all kinds of shops with food and candy. There were also benches and tables outside that you can sit at! It is a really cool spot. This brings you to my next picture THE GREAT WALL OF CANDY!
 
 
How incredible is that? I was in candy heaven. This was the Savannah Candy Kitchen. I know I did a post of becoming a healthier me but on vacation I tend to splurge. There were so many choices and if any of you know me then you know that I am not the best at making choices! They had ice cream, free praline samples as you walk-in, and they also had taffy being twisted and packaged. Bonus they also took some of the taffy off the machine and would throw it to you!
 
 
The Waving Girl is a statue of a woman that for 44 years would wave a handkerchief by day and a lantern by night for all of the ships that came in and out of Savannah.
 
There are so many things that you can do in Savannah. From ghost tours to trolley rides to just eating good food! If you're wanting to see a city with tons of history and being just plain beautiful then Savannah is the city for you! I hope you enjoyed this trip recap.
I hope to see you back soon!
 
xo
 
Snapchat: AbbyCarole
Pinterest: AbbyCarole
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment